ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tip to Save you money on PayPal

I got this tip from a regular on my favorite discussion board, the “Building an eBay Business” discussion board. If you sell items for less than $12.00 you could save a bundle in PayPal fees by having a “micro payments” account. The regular PayPal fees are $0.30 + 2.9% (or 3.9% for international) but if you set up a micro-payments account the fees are only 5% + $0.05.
Now, take a second and let those numbers sink in. If you are someone who regularly sells items below $12 you could stand to save quite a bit. If you regularly sell items above $12 than stick with the regular PayPal business or premier account.
Or, if you are like me and sell both under and over $12, get two accounts! One of my stores has an average sale price of $47 so I left that one alone. But, my other store, most everything I have listed is at $9.99. I opened up a new PayPal account and changed my payment email address in bulk. The hardest part of the process was finding the micro-payments sign-up. Why? Because they don’t list it on their site! But, for you, my loyal readers… here is the link:
https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_micropayments.html
ordinarily, you have to call and request it, but because I hate calling and being on hold so I know you do too, I’ll share my link.
Just think… if you sell something for a dollar the fee is only $0.10 in a micropayments account, versus $0.33 in a premier/business account! I know it is only a difference of $0.23, but when your payment was only a dollar that is a big chunk of your revenue!
Oh Happy Days of lower PayPal fees!

No comments: