ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Are you using Twitter? I'm obsessed!

I finally broke down and checked out twitter and now I'm hooked.
I am usually hesitant to jump in to things, mainly because I sometimes feel inundated with social media. I just can't keep up with it sometimes.
So, after playing around for a few minutes I was able to "get it", or at least understand the concept. It is a place to post little mini blogs. Basically, you are just supposed to post the answer to the question:

What are you doing?
you have to do it in 140 characters or less. Sounds boring, I know, but the interesting part happens when you start 'following' people. You go into the search and find people with like interests and 'follow' them. Once you are following someone, their posts pop up on your main twitter page. It is voyeuristic. You always know what folks are up to. (well, those that post regularly anyway)
I've been playing on it for about six weeks or so and love it. When that earthquake happened in Cali the other day, I'd have never known about it if it weren't for twitter!
If you want to follow me, my name is shelleyfaye.
If you are already on Twitter, comment here or email me with your id so I can follow you!

No comments: