ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little experiment, I guess it has failed - people really don't like bidding anymore

This little experiment is going to be pretty costly for me. Well, I take that back, I should say it MIGHT be costly for me. Right now, things don't look so good.
My girlfriend and I had a little debate the other day about whether or not people like bidding on eBay. I was insistent that people still do love the thrill of it, she disagreed. So, I did a completely unscientific experiment to see.
I've been selling this brand of dresses for two years now. Other times in the past I've put them up at auction for a dollar and they were bid up to well over what my "let it go" price would be. So, I picked out a playsuit to auction off. This suit is one that I have already sold several of and each sold for well over a hundred dollars. I put it up with a $0.99 starting bid and added the feature plus.
Only three days left and the bidding is up to a whopping $15!!!
My watchers are in double digits but geez, this is bad.
Now I know that my experiment was no where close to scientific and there are many many many other factors that could be involved here, but if things don't improve quickly I'm looking at a loss of about 5 times what it is selling for. Yikes.
Here is the listing, just in case you are interested.

No comments: