ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do you blog? If so, you simply MUST offer this

Do you keep a blog? If so, you simply must offer to send your blog to RSS feed readers and offer an email option too. I have been reading blog after blog lately, and I find some that I really enjoy but can never seem to remember to go back there. I am a techie doh-doh-head and can't figure out how to use RSS so if a blogger doesn't offer to send their blog to my email, more than likely I don't make it back very often.
Of course, as with every rule, the exception is twitter. IF I'm following you on twitter, and IF you tweet a link to a new post, more than likely I'll read it, but that is alot of ifs.
When I run across a blog I like, I always bookmark it, but rarely think to go through all my bookmarks and check for new posts. Having it emailed to me keeps me in the loop. Don't you want your readers in the loop?
Even though I don't know how to use an RSS reader, I have set up my blogs to transmit the feed. Make sure you do that too for those who prefer that option.
I'm sure that there are plenty of companies that will deliver your blog posts to subscriber's email addresses, but the one I use is feedburner. I absolutely love it and setting it up couldn't have been easier. (Plus it is free!)
If you notice over there ---> there is a box to sign up with your email address? That is what feedburner does. Once you get set up, every time you post, it will be delivered via email to your subscribers. easy peasy.
If you have a blog and you don't offer these two things... go do it now.
Then, send me a link to your blog so I can sign up.




Shamless self promotion:

Items for sale on eBay under user id Shelley-Faye

Items for sale on eBay under user id Love2DressUp

Items for sale on Etsy under user id KitschyAprons

1 comment:

Administrator said...

Thanks for great Idea , Maybe i doing it later.