ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Success principles are highly transferable"

"success principles are highly transferable" that is a quote from Dan Miller in a recent podcast. If you know me, or have been reading my blog for awhile you know that I'm training for the Race for the Cure in October. (I'm not trying to win it or anything, just beat my personal best time) And, you'll also know that I absolutely love podcasts.
I listen to all sorts of podcasts and radio programs. eBay radio is one of my favorites of course and just recently another one of my favorites "Justice Talking" has just gone off the air (boo!)
Most of the things I listen to are for a purpose. I'm hoping to gain something from it. Either enrich my life, keep me up to date on the news or help my business in some way. It is kinda a funny thing, if you think about it, why Dan Miller's podcast is one of my favorites, but it really is. If you don't already know who Dan Miller is, he is the author of 48 Days to the Work you Love and No More Mondays. I absolutely love what I do and am obnoxiously happy doing it. I have found the work that is totally fulfilling to me. Dan Miller teaches people how to find that. I continue to listen to his podcast because there is something about his voice that I find soothing and I love the fact that he is such a positive thinker. He is inspiring.
I just loved that line up there at the title. It is totally true too. I listened to this podcast twice just so that I would remember it. After he said it, I paused my ipod and ran about a half-mile just pondering over it. It is so true. I used to joke about how I used some of the same techniques for crowd control when I was a bartender as I did when I was teaching eigth graders. It is also the reason that you see entrepreneurs succeed in one venture after another. "Success principles are highly transferable".
Or, maybe I just like saying it over and over.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've never read his books. Not that I wouldn't, I just haven't yet. I found his podcast by accident a few months back and have gotten hooked. And yes, I do get a teeny tiny commission if you click from this blog to his site and buy his books.

No comments: