ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Friday, December 14, 2007

Growing Pains - Ebay business stepping up to the next level?

I am so overwhelmed right now. I am at the point with my ebay business that I need to get some help. The problem is that I want to make the right choice that is going to help most down the line, but in order to do that I need time to research. Time! The whole REASON that I need more help is that I don't have much time. Frustrating.
Up until now I have been running this whole operation solo with some sporadic help from my assistant (aka: my sister). It seems as though I have been calling on her more and I'm always behind schedule, so I need to get something permanent.
Ok, so, what do I choose? hire a shipper? Invest in more dynamic software? both?
I started this business with only $300 so I have been bare bones boot-strapping the whole time. Everything I have done, I've done on the cheap. I hate to dig into my profit margin for anything but am excited about taking off some of my workload.
My first step is to automate with software for now and reconsider hiring a shipper after the new year. So, I've spent so much time researching the software that is available for ebay sellers. This is an important step because I really don't want to invest time and money into something that I will outgrow in just a few months and then have to do it all over again. So, I've made a list of things that I am looking for in my software choice:

  • web-based (I work in my studio/stockroom on a desktop at night but during the day when I am doing double-duty as a mom I work on my laptop so I need to be able to access from both)
  • able to integrate with ebay.....duh!
  • able to integrate with paypal
  • able to print packing slips/invoices all at one time
  • template with bulk editing
  • cheap (because I'm thrifty....or a tightwad.....call it what you will)

Do you have any suggestions or advice?

No comments: