ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Friday, December 21, 2007

Have your Business card ready! Networking your Ebay business

When I first started 'ebaying' I did it as a hobby so I didn't really talk much about it or do any real networking. Then, for some strange reason, when I got into it full time I would only tell people about my website and not my ebay business. I would actually 'play down' my involvement with ebay. I did this for a long long time before I realized my error.
I make a living on ebay. Why would I not position myself as an expert in the field? I am not sure exactly why I did this... maybe it is because of ebay's garage sale reputation. Who knows!
The point is, that once I changed my personal outlook on this subject, my entire business improved. I embraced the fact that I was an ebayer and made sure that everyone I know, and everyone I meet, knows that I am an ebay expert. I still push my website (I pay alot less in fees there!) but I also let people know that I am an ebayer and proud of it.
Since embracing my ebay-ness I have gotten several very profitable consignment projects. I have also gotten a couple of special offers from my suppliers who were trying to improve their ebay presence.
Make sure to keep your business card handy over the holiday.
Lets say you meet someone at a Holiday party this weekend. You mention how you are an ebay expert. You get into a conversation about how great ebay is and how you can sell anything on ebay. Your new-found-friend just so happens to have inherited a complete collection of vintage widgets. How very fortunate for you!

No comments: