ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Do it Today - Stop putting it off

Yes, I'm talking to you.

We all have something we are putting off, avoiding or just afraid to get started with. Well, today is the day. Just jump in and do it.

This week I went to the keys to do some eBay consulting (nice gig huh? Couldn't ask for a better location!) and the main issue this client had was that she was just so afraid to get started. She had tons of stuff to sell, knowledge of her products, experience in customer service, experience in selling and time to devote to eBay. Sounds like a recipe for success right?

I definitely think so.

Her problem was that she was afraid. Of what, I have no idea. The unknown maybe, fear of failure, wanting everything to be perfect? Who knows. The point is, we all have something holding us back. Many times it is something that we have created for the purpose of keeping us from reaching our goals.

I find myself never having the time to do everything that I want to do, or plan to do. But then, when I look back on my day I realize that I am creating other things that I do instead of whatever it is "I just never have enough time" to get done. Maybe it is a difficult to photograph item, calling a client that I just don't feel up to working with, explaining that a customs duty is not a shipping charge for the thousandth time.. the list goes on. The fact of the matter is that if I really put my mind to it, I COULD get it all done.

Me, that is my issue... what is yours?

On the trip back home I was listening to archived eBay radio episodes on podcast and there was a woman who kept calling in asking questions and every time Griff would ask her to tell what she had listed she said she "wasn't ready yet" but then talked about how she had been preparing to sell on eBay for months.

You can't sell it if you don't get it listed.... do it today!

DiggIt!

No comments: