ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gotta love the eBay Marketplace, Fiestaware fetching over Four Hundred Bucks!

This is why I love eBay! I've got a client right now that I'm selling a pretty wide range of items for on consignment. She and her fiance have realized that in combining their households they just had too much stuff.
eBay Trading Assistant to the rescue!
One of her items was a set of Fiesta mixing bowls. I know very little on the subject but knew that Fiesta is a brand that people look for and has been around awhile so I was pretty confident that it would sell.
I did the research on similar items prior to posting the item. I did not find anything exactly like the set I was selling but I discovered that a similar bowl will sell for around $30.00.
I was selling a nested set of 4. I like to start the bidding pretty low and give a chance for it to go up so I started the auction at $24.99 for all four.
As you can see by the results of the auction for the set of Fiestaware mixing bowls, I was so very wrong about the value of the item that I was selling.
As I am writing this post there is just under two hours left of the auction and the bidding is currently up to $447.99!
Yes that is right folks.... FOUR HUNDRED FORTY SEVEN dollars!
This is what I love about eBay. If I had just put these bowls out at a Flea Market or something where I actually had to make up a set price (or used the buy it now option) I would have put a price of about $75 on the set. Boy would I have lost some money.
This is the beauty of the eBay marketplace.
Now I need to add Fiestaware to my list of items to look for at yard sales/thrift stores.

No comments: