ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Using Ebay to Go to promote your stuff all over the place


Ebay has traffic. Lots of traffic. But, wouldn't it be great to have even MORE?

I try to look at things from the eyes of my buyers. Lets say that someone was looking for a pair of FSU medical scrub pants (or as I would think of them....pajamas)
If they go to google and type in "FSU scrubs pants" you won't get an ebay listing in the result, and even if you did... would it be the ones that you are selling? Doubtful.
So, why not bring in your own traffic? Do you have a blog? A website? the ability to add an html signature to your emails? a MySpace page? All of these things are just things off the top of my head that you should be advertising on.
I've been doing this forever but ebay finally came around and gave us a tool to make it look nice. EbayToGo!
Here is what the difference is, if you click the picture of those pants, it will take you right to the listing. And, so will clicking the widget below. I don't have to explain the difference to you... it is plain to see. Someone reading your blog or your myspace page may not know to click. Also, if it is an auction, I think the widget drums up some excitement too.


I'll try my best to walk you through the process of using it, so here goes. First off, I personally find it difficult to find so make sure to bookmark it once you get there. http://togo.ebay.com/
You will need to choose the one you want. This really just depends on what you are advertising. You can advertise your whole store if you want to, or just a few items.



It is up to you. If you are just going to advertise one item or a select few, than you will need the item number(s). Then you will need to choose an eBay search that will show up after your item has ended. This is something that you have to enter, but I recommend taking down or updating your widget before it gets to this point because what is the use if you aren't showcasing YOUR stuff?

Then Voila... it generates the code for you.
Now all you have to do is copy and paste it wherever you like.
You can even post it on eBay's blogs!
*special note: if you plan to use it on craigslist, you can't do it directly without breaking their rules. You will have to post it on your website or blog or somewhere else then post a link on craigslist.

1 comment:

angler*forever said...

Wheeee!!! Thank you for that. I must have been living in a hole in the deep woods but I'd never heard of ebay to to before.