ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Fee structure, Changes to eBay's feedback system

Wow. Yesterday eBay announced some changes that they are making with their new management team and eBay sellers across the globe are up in arms about it! I regularly read some discussion boards and participate in a Yahoo eBay group and it seems as though the changes are the only thing being discussed right now. And people are passionate about it. It is almost comical if you take yourself out of it. Like when I look at it from the view of someone like my husband who could care less about eBay or their policies. For non-eBayers it is hard to comprehend so many people being ready to cause an eBay coup for a couple of cents and taking away the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.
However, it really can make a genuine impact on our business. Those of us who ARE eBay sellers care greatly what our feedback rating is, and those of us who are in business on eBay rather than just selling for the fun of if, also care greatly about a couple of cents! Depending on your personal sales, this could be a very costly change. I haven't sat down and crunched the numbers just yet and I don't even know if I will. It is very easy to jump on the bandwagon and get ready to revolt but in reality what I need to concentrate on is how to make these inevitable changes work out best to my business!

No comments: