ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I wish Advanced search had a .....

I am so frustrated right now. The other day I was listening to some downloads of eBay radio and some blog talk radio shows and heard about a book I thought I would like to read. It was "The Perfect Store" by Adam Cohen. So, I did what any self respecting eBay junkie would do.... I looked it up on eBay and bid on it!
(you can find one on eBay too... click here)
So, no problem there, easily found one affordable and by the time it arrives I'll probably have finished the book I'm currently reading.
My mind started twirly and I thought maybe I should browse around and look for some other books on my favorite subject....eBay.
Err.... Here is what happens. Go to the books category and type 'eBay' in the search box and you'll get around 4 or 5 hundred results. Great! lots of books on my fav subject. Wrong.
What you really get is about a hundred (or maybe less) actual books on eBay and maybe a few dozen books with things like "best deal on eBay" in the title and the rest are e-books.
I have nothing against e-books, I'm just not into them. I spend enough time in front of my computer and when I want to curl up to a book, it just doesn't work for me.
I just wish there was a way to manipulate the search to only REAL, physical, turn the pages yourself, sling it into a backback, read it on the plane BOOKS!
Sorry for yelling, just frustrated.
Before giving up on the search process here is what I had typed into the search box;
ebay -download, -ebook, -"e book", -"bar exam", -mpre
and even with that, probably about 30% of the 147 search results were "digital delivery"
There must be a better way.... please, someone help!

No comments: