ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trade Show to stock up on Merchandise to sell

Wow. What good fun that was. Last week I went off to Vegas for a trade show. I totally recommend this to anyone selling on eBay. They have shows for every kind of merchandise that you want to sell, you'd just need to find the one that would be relevant to you. This is actually my 4th show but the best so far.
I've been considering writing an ebook about sourcing at trade shows and I still might, but I just have so many things on my plate right now I haven't gotten around to researching to find out if it would be worth my time or not.
Anyway, back to the subject.
I am so happy that I finally found the right show for my niche. I just wish I had a bigger budget because we found so many companies that I would love to carry their stuff. Well, maybe the growth that I'm hoping for will finally happen so that I can buy more next fall.
Another really great thing was that the flight and hotel for my friend and I was FREE! That took some planning, but I made it happen. You see, I set my system up last year to prepare for this. My customers pay me through PayPal but I buy my postage through Endicia on my American Express. PayPal encourages you (and makes it very easy for you) to pay for shipping through their site and just use the PayPal balance to pay for it. Well, by doing one more step and using Endicia, not only can I print First Class International labels from home (huge time saver!), but I get the reward points too.
If you are going to do this, you must be organized. Especially if you do alot a shipping, it could get out of hand pretty quickly. You must make sure to remember that all that money in your account isn't really all yours! Just this week I've spent over $200 in shipping on my CC. So, if I look in my PayPal account, it would be very tempting to think all that money is spendable, but it is not, at least $200 is owed to American Express.
If sales increase as planned, I hope to take a vacation next year on my reward points as well!

No comments: