ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Thursday, May 8, 2008

More attempted eBay competitors popping up

I've read about Wigix and now today there is another new one too. Have I been under a rock, or does it seem like there are more and more companies trying to build competition for eBay?



I signed up for Wigix to check it out and got a great username... benefit to getting in early. However, I tried to list something to test it out but they didn't have a section for women's clothing. Only jeans. I don't sell jeans. I tried to add the category, but that didn't work either. So, I'm glad that I got my good user id, however, I don't know how much good it will do me if I can't use the site. Oh well, one more reason to stick with eBay!



Today I read about another one where the buyer and seller use a negotiator to negotiate the deal. I don't understand the fee structure and it can be manipulated to make the negotiator work harder to push the sale. Hmmm. Don't know how I feel about this one just yet, there are too many factors for me to get my head around in order to really understand it. I'm going to go there now and see if I can get a good user id... ya never know...

Fididel.com

**********************************************


Here is an invite to Wigix:

We've launched, and you're invited!
Shelley Mitchell has invited you to join Wigix, please find the enclosed message.
Hello, this is Shelley Mitchell. I've invited you to join the Wigix community. Wigix is the next generation online destination where you can: manage your personal belongings and determine what they are worth; buy, sell and discuss your favorite products with other members; and make money along the way through your contributions to the Wigix community.


We are also happy to announce the launch of two special campaigns, in which Wigix users can help contribute to the Wigix community by inviting friends and adding items, and also earn great rewards at the same time. The Tell Friends Challenge >> The Create the Catalog Challenge >>



Each campaign pays out $1000 USD per month to the user with the most points, plus a $3000 USD quarterly bonus for the high point earner for the quarter.
To accept this invitation and become a member of the Wigix community please click on the following link:


Join Wigix community


Couldn't find an invite to Fididel... sorry.

No comments: