ss_blog_claim=daa1c0004807d45777e6932fb7cfb75c

Friday, May 30, 2008

Freebies, freebies... if they offer it, you should take it

Ok, so you've heard my rants about credit card companies before, but today I am loving American Express. I just booked my flight for eBay live and it was completely paid for by shipping costs from my eBay sales.

My customers give me the money to ship their items and I pass the money on to the USPS but I run it through Amex first. I've put nothing out. All I have to do is keep good records and make sure to pay my bill on time.

I'm loving Amex even more today because they "loaned" me the point that I was short.

I never knew that you could do that.

I found the flight I need on Delta and in order to purchase a flight from Delta with my Amex points I first had to transfer Amex points to Delta SkyMiles. The flight I wanted was 50,000 points. I had 49,685!

I talked to a Delta rep and they told me that I could buy SkyMiles but they are only sold in increments of 2,000 for around sixty bucks. Ok, so, $60 from south Florida to Chicago isn't bad. I was trying to figure out the math of how many points I needed to transfer into miles and the Amex rep made my day by saying "oh, don't buy points, we'll loan them to you"

huh?

really?

you can do that?

yep. She said I was eligible to "borrow" up to 15,000 points. So, my flight was free (except for the taxes.... nothing is ever completely free)
And, another cool thing is that I'm staying with my cousin who has enough hotel reward points to cover our room. Yippeeeeeee.
eBay Live, here I come!



No comments: